The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hex which is 5” side and 1’ tall Manufacturers say its 2,5 how big is it and what can I do. I was thinking a pico or a walstad method fry tank which I’d change to a puffer or dwarf gourami (chocolate licorice samurai sparkling) or maybe something else

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can definitely do a pea puffer self sustained tank in that! I have one just like that and it's by far my favorite tank. Pea puffers are just the most entertaining to me, so smart! And so easy to keep! The pond snail colony makes them so I never have to feed them manually, they just hunt all the time for their food, its the best thing to watch and they love to hunt so it's they are living their best life. Got a different floating plants too so they have plant mazes to investigate.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
What are your thoughts on a parasphromenus tank? They're licorice gouramis, but I prefer them to samurais and chocolates. They're rather ridiculously expensive, but you could breed them.

You could certainly raise fry in the tank, but I don't think you could keep an adult festivum in there...

A puffer could also work as well.

If you're into herps, what about putting in a pair of thumbnail dart frogs? I bet they'd look really cool with a centerpiece bromeliad or amazon sword depending on species.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
628 Posts
Get a couple nano types, sparkling gourami should chill near the top with some floaters. They'll also cruise throughout the levels. Toss a few otos and a mystery snail. Depending on filter maybe a few CPD. Even without you should be good. Can even add a betta if you go with just sparkling gourami.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Get a couple nano types, sparkling gourami should chill near the top with some floaters. They'll also cruise throughout the levels. Toss a few otos and a mystery snail. Depending on filter maybe a few CPD. Even without you should be good. Can even add a betta if you go with just sparkling gourami.
This tank is under 3.5 gallons. No room for this stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.