The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I have a 5g (now planted) tank that is currently an unintentional experiment. Originally I had it fully planted. However everything kept dying (I was dosing ferts and kept a constant light schedule). So rather than clean it out right away and be done, I just let it sit there. 2 weeks after everything died, I finally was going to clean it out. However, I noticed that the plants started to grow back. In the last 4 weeks I have not added anything (aka ferts) or even consistent lighting. Now though almost half the water has evaporated. I need to add more, but I am worried that it will destroy whatever balance there is and kill everything that is in there.

This is plants only so no fish or inverts to worry about.

Questions:
Should I worry about adding more water?
What else should I be doing to keep this going, since it is fun to see that these plants are growing in minimal conditions, and not requiring the same about of work as my 55g plants?

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
No opinion on adding water, I would have though. I would suggest you just giving the interior of the tank glass a good wipe down. Letting water evaporate like that is a good way of getting nasty watermarks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts