The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Quick question. I have a Planted 24/7 on my newly established 90g, and I was fully aware it may not be enough for my tank. The plan was to add two kessil 160's at a later date but I could use a cheap temp solution now.

I plan to do that sometime this summer. In the meantime is there an LED (or other) fixture that I can use in conjunction with the planted plus that has a dimming or intensity control feature?

Obviously two full fixtures may get me into algae trouble, and I won't have pressurized CO2 until next month. I was thinking the Sat Plus Pro, but I can't tell if it's fully controllable.

This was intended to be a low tech, but it's like it never can stay that way lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
I was thinking the Sat Plus Pro, but I can't tell if it's fully controllable.
Fully controllable...well sort of.
Ramp up/down time is "set" to 15min. Spectrum and intensity is controllable..
http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Sat-Plus-Pro-Instructions-Rev.pdf

AFAICT rampup/down is not for each ind. channel..but for a "set" color tone..
Very few have full controllable channels..
DSunY, Radion XR15FW comes to mind. Even Kessil is just 2 channel.. White and bluer white..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fully controllable...well sort of.
Ramp up/down time is "set" to 15min. Spectrum and intensity is controllable..
http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Sat-Plus-Pro-Instructions-Rev.pdf

AFAICT rampup/down is not for each ind. channel..but for a "set" color tone..
Very few have full controllable channels..
DSunY, Radion XR15FW comes to mind. Even Kessil is just 2 channel.. White and bluer white..
Thanks so much, that tells me exactly what I needed to know (if I'm understanding correctly lol). I'm just looking to control intensity, in case the amount of light is too much when paired with the 24/7+.

I'll buy one of these until I'm ready to take the full plunge on kessil. Thank you!

Actually... I thought sat pro plus was a bit cheaper. I think I may just add one kessil at a time then as not to break the bank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts