1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so yesterday i was thinking my plants werent going to make it
so started asking question about my setup

today i get home from work
and my substrate is partially covered with little leaves (like tiny plants starting to sprout ???:confused1:

my question is having a reefing backgroud and seeing coral reproduce (spawn)

do plants spawn????

i know what your thinking,, you must of planted something in there :icon_roll

but ummmm no

yesterday just substrate

today 16hours later little leaves sticking out of the substrate everywhere

what gives ?????:help:

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
So what plants are you talking about? It could be one of two things which I can think of: A: If it a plant like sagittaria subulatta, which "spawns" by runners, they could be new growth by means of runners or B: Dead plants which have fallen to the substrate and have not moved due to poor water flow. Pics would definitely help us out. As well as plant names of course.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes new substrate
tank was started this past friday
established water and filters

this stuff is everywhere
ive been pulling these little leaves out and i have to say that this stuff is everywhere throughout the bottom of the tank

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did any of the plants you bought have flowers? My Alternanthera reineckii came with flowers on it and after a week or two there were more than 30 little sprouts all over my aquarium which grew way better than the old growth by the way.

·
Registered
317 Posts
well, just leave it alone for now, i would say
When they grow a bit bigger, you may find that you like them, or, if you want to remove them, they're easier to pull out when they get a bit bigger and you can see them better

·
Registered
256 Posts
It happens... I totally removed all of my plants from my betta tank and went hardscape. Weeks later, a little leaf sprouted out of the substrate. As far as I could tell, it was a crypt. I've since given the tank to a family member and apparently it's still going strong.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Those kind of look like grass seed plants. I agree with Jart about the non-aquatic plant. I'm assuming you bought it from petmart(co)? Also you should separate the moneywort into individual stems if you want it to start filling up that corner. Nice looking rock by the moneywort btw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.