The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
And that is what is totally throwing me off. How do you do your spot treat? whenever I do that, I turn off the filter/pump, let it sit for a few minutes, then spot treat, then let it sit for another 10-15 minutes, and only then do I turn the filter/pump back on

·
Registered
3 Posts
If is just on those pieces of wood, try taking them out of the water and boil them for 2 or 3 minutes! After that let them cool down before putting them back in, and don't forget to add, some Seaschem prime or other beneficial bacteria that you might use, cause you are going to lose those that are on the wood.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
My best guess would be some sort of fungus, especially since it seems to come back in the same spot if I’m understanding correctly.

I agree with the idea to toss the wood in some boiling water for a few minutes, should kill anything that’s sort of rooted in there (as this seems to be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
I wouldn't even bother doing anything to it..its fungus,a near micro sized fungus and probably only lasts a week or so. I might take a scrub brush if I'm doing a weekly water change and tank spruce up to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.