The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
At what age do Neos start to color up? I have 2mm juvies (1-2 weeks old) in both my PFR/RCS tank an by Blue Velvet tank. All of the Shrimpies are the same light red color. all help appericated.

Curt
They'll keep colouring up until adult. Female will get to full colour potential after 1st berry, from my experience.

·
Registered
494 Posts
at what age can you ship/sell them... and how on earth do you do it... i have 13 very berried RCS and no idea what to do with the 'future' offspring that should be here in the next week or two.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Did you let the parents of the regular cherry and the PFR cross to get these babies?

My Supreme Reds are born red. Regular cherries are pretty much clear until young adults. Bloodline, tank conditions, and nutrition also plays a large part in shrimp coloration.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
My Supreme Reds are born red. Regular cherries are pretty much clear until young adults. Bloodline, tank conditions, and nutrition also plays a large part in shrimp coloration.
I have noticed that. While PFRs are clear, and males end up looking like PFRs, yours are so colorful. They look much better, IMO.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they arnt culled at the moment. I have Sakura grade and Some High Grades in the tank. Unfortunitly I dont have the space to selectivly breed. The PFRs were sold to me as regular Cherry Juvies. But they are mostly solid in color.

How about the Blue velvets? And speedie what do I feed the blues to make there color beter.

Curt

·
Registered
494 Posts
they arnt culled at the moment. I have Sakura grade and Some High Grades in the tank. Unfortunitly I dont have the space to selectivly breed. The PFRs were sold to me as regular Cherry Juvies. But they are mostly solid in color.

How about the Blue velvets? And speedie what do I feed the blues to make there color beter.

Curt
i have the same question about the blues...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.