The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I bought some new fish for my planted tank - at the fish store I was given the latin/scientific name Tanichthys micagemmae, when googling a bit they seem similar but not quite the same. It might be age or sex, who knows? After asking reddit for an answer, someone identified the fish as white cloud mountain minnow, i.e. Tanichthys albonubes. Does anyone have an idea? Or is it too early to say as they're young? The woman at the fish store said that their not super common.
Nature Green Organism Skin Reptile

Finger Organism Vertebrate Underwater Adaptation

ps. sorry for the image quality, they're quite speedy
Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your fish appear to be immature Vietnamese White Clouds, Tanicthys micagemmae. You won't go wrong in keeping them like common white cloud mountain fish. I'd suggest keeping them a bit warmer, probably in the 70-75 F. range. The males have much more developed finnage as adults, noticeably wider than the common white cloud. Enjoy them, you have very attractive adults to look forward to in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay! Thank you! I have them "room temp" at the moment (like 73F? 23C). Heaters always seem to cause trouble for me for some reason, so i'm trying to avoid them..

Bump: Okay! Thank you! I have them "room temp" at the moment (like 73F? 23C). Heaters always seem to cause trouble for me for some reason, so i'm trying to avoid them..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.