The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size korelia powerheads do people use/reccomend for a planted 125G tank? I plan on having one high and one low. This would be for cirulation, I do not need a strong current.

Thank you.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I recently bought the 1050 Koralia Evo for my 90 gallon tank and it is way too strong. Even bouncing the current off the glass it still blows a pit into my substrate and leans my stems at 45 degree angles.

I vote for the 750 as well unless you have a 6' tank.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you want small units use the Koralia 900 Nano 240Gph and the 1600 Nano 425Gph
both these units should be what you need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with two nano 425's. Plus I already have the smallest of the original like of Koralias. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I now have the 2 nano 425's and the original Korelia rated at 400GPH in the tank. This is working out really well. Any of the stronger units would blow the plans around too much, I think.

I have one unit down low, aimed down the length of the tank, across the foreground plantings. The second is up high, aimed down the length of the tank, but also reflecting off the front glass to spread and break up the flow some. The third is on the back of the tank angled to send flow in the same direction as the other two. It is sending it's flow through the saddle of the U-shaped aquascape.

Thanks again for the advice, everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts