The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65gal tank (36" long). Just wondering what you all use and if the Evolution 750 would be what size i would want. I currently have the nano 240gph and its obviously not enough flow.

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
Is this your only source of water movement, or are there filters too? What fish do you have?

I keep reading posts from folks that complain about too much flow from Koralias, so "obviously not enough flow" is new to me. I guess it depends a bit how "enough flow" is defined, where the pump is placed, etc. Also some fish don't like a lot of flow, others do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is this your only source of water movement, or are there filters too? What fish do you have?

I keep reading posts from folks that complain about too much flow from Koralias, so "obviously not enough flow" is new to me. I guess it depends a bit how "enough flow" is defined, where the pump is placed, etc. Also some fish don't like a lot of flow, others do.
I have a eheim canister filter with the outlet right over my heater. I also have a aquaclear 70 over-the-back filter.
I have 4 anglefish, 1 bolivian ram, 2 SAE, 2 zebra striped clown loaches. I know the anglefish prefer currentless water but there needs to be a balance...plants like the current, and distributing CO2 throughout the tank is important (I have my hydor turbo CO2 diffuser below the nano powerhead so the powerhead blows the CO2 across the tank...or at least it tries but gets about <1/2 way across). I know that the powerhead is too small for this size tank but without knowing how the Evolution 750 will perform vs the 1050 or even getting a smaller one it is hard to make the decision for which one to buy...

·
Registered
689 Posts
To give an idea I have a 125 gallon tank and I have 2 xp3 filters @ 350 gph, 2 hydor nanos @ 400 gph, and a Koralia 3 (850 gph) and both the fish and the plants are fine. The plants have the flow they require and the slow flow fish find the slower spots that they can rest in.

Can we do a ratio of that? 125 gallon is to 2350 gph as 65 gallon is to ____gph?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.