The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Couple questions from a new-ish shrimper.

I was wondering what types of shrimp you keep together? I am aware of the crossbreeding issues, but am looking to see what all can be mixed to make a colorful population.

Right now, I have Orange Pumpkins, Crystal Reds & Crystal Blacks together. I'd like to add OEBTs at some point (yes, I know I'd get some TiBees then) and maybe some green Sulawesi since they do not mix with the others. Any suggestions for more safe mixing?

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
294 Posts
All of the shrimps above require different water parameters except the Crystals.
If they are in a same tank, some will thrive, some will suffer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops... I meant Green Babaulti. Sorry, I was reading thru multiple tabs at once.

As far as the different parameters, I got the impression from looking into it, that they pretty much all can live just fine with neutral water? There seemed to be a range specified for each type that met around there.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have yellow neos, snowball, crystal red and crystal blacks in the same tank. I am aware that the yellows and snowball can interbreed but I'm fine with that. I cull regularly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to have a variety without a dozen tanks. I've seen some of the compatibility charts, so I have an idea what to be careful of.

What do you guys do with the culled shrimp? I figure I would move the culls & less desirable looking ones to my main tank & let them do their thing there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts