The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished dosing for the day. I dose EI.
Here is my problem. I dosed 2.5x more kh2p04 then I should have thinking it was my Kno3. I have them labeled properly I was just carless and in a hurry.
Here is what I normally dose,
+/- 1/3 tsp KN03 3x a week
+/- 1/8 tsp KH2P04 3x a week
+/- 1/8 tsp K2S04 3x a week
+/- 1/8 (10ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
Little florish excel and iron.
50% weekly water change

So what should I do? Just not dose any KH2P04 for the rest of the week. 50% water change.
I have always heard if you have an over abundance of one nutrient then it could cause an algae outbreak. I would hate for that to happen, this tank is very alage free.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
What's your lighting? I think the tiny bit extra will be OK. Hold off on dosing KH2PO4 for the rest of the week.

...and get those fertilizers labeled. :)

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Ya I have dosed like 10x or more then I was suppose to since I dosed it in a solution and then added it dry like I add my NO3. It gave my tank a cool bluish tint which my roomate thought was cool looking but didnt do anything else.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your lighting? I think the tiny bit extra will be OK. Hold off on dosing KH2PO4 for the rest of the week.

...and get those fertilizers labeled. :)

My lighting is 4x54w tek light. Staggered light period of 3hrs 2 bulbs, 1hr off,
3hrs 4 bulbs, 1hr off, 3hr 2 bulbs. Yea I figured I would not dose any more
KH2PO4 for the week. My ferts are labled in locking lide glass jars. Kno3 looks simalar to KH2PO4 in the size of the granual.

BTW epicfish did you get the package I sent to you?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It isn't that much, just don't dose any more phosphate for a week or so.
Ya I have dosed like 10x or more then I was suppose to since I dosed it in a solution and then added it dry like I add my NO3. It gave my tank a cool bluish tint which my roomate thought was cool looking but didnt do anything else.
What are you dosing that is blue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts