The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attaching some pictures of my tank. I was wondering what conditions in my tank are causing my swords to look like this. And why do my Val's have some Almost bronze colored leaves? Thanks for the help and ideas. View attachment 57080
View attachment 57081
View attachment 57082

The tank is a 20g long. AC 50 filter with a 240gallon/hr nano tank powerhead circulating the DIY CO2 throughout the tank. Flourite substrate. I dose a "heavy" EI with a weekly 70% wc. I dose KH2PO4 & KNO3 3 days/ week and seachem flourish 3 days/week. Excel daily as ordered on bottle. Lights are Aqueon T5 dual fixture. 1 6700k 18 watt and the other is a colormax 18 watt on for 9 hrs a day. About 14 inches above the substrate. I keep my tank between 76-78 degrees. Plant Plant community Water Pet supply Organism

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I dont see anything wrong, its just the leaves dying, like on regular Terestrial plants, just cut them off, are thE plants relatively new? If so then its jus the plant getting used to the tank, just look for new leaves and thats a sign the plant's healthy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those leaves on the Val's are pretty new growth. Is that common for them to change this color when they die? This is my first Val so I'm not sure. I was worried this was a deficiency of some sort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts