The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought one of these new for $7.00, 3-4 months ago. I thought, $7.00, wow! This is a great deal. I had no clue what I would do with it then, but I figured something like this had to be useful in some way. I never really waste money on useless items (except aquarium stuff:icon_smil), but look at this thing. It's a cart, with a sink, and a hose reel, and a couple wheels, and probably some other stuff that may be usefull... Best part is, it was only 7 bucks. It's not too often that I find things like this for prices like that. It's especially a good deal when compared to here: $59.99

I garden some, but I don't see myself using this thing to carry my stuff around. I have hands, a wheelbarrow, and 2 hoses that reach every corner of my yard. I thought about using it to lug my aquarium stuff around. That doesn't quite work out either. I already have a sink next to my aquariums. I'd also rather not push stuff around on a cart with only 2 wheels.

So, help me out here if you can. I'm tired of watching this thing do nothing for so long. What would you do with it?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've considered doing that. If I can't put it to any real use soon, I will probably list it for sale. I'd rather use it for something though. I can bet that the day it sells, I will have a million great ideas for it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Turn it into an aquarium station, obviously. Set it up so you have all your water treatments and ferts etc on it, and when you get a new plant you can rinse it off in it's built in sink thing. Allthough I don't know you want a garden hose running through your house... hmmm...

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have an adapter I can use to connect it to my sink. I don't really need to though. I have all my tanks in my garage, and have a sink next to them. Water changes are easy enough as is. It would be nice to carry my stuff around, but it has to be tipped some to roll anywhere. Everything will get knocked over every time I move it. I guess I could mod it with a few more wheels, but that might be more trouble than it's worth.

A portable bar would be a great idea if I drank more. I should probably make a new years resolution to down more drinks this year. I've been slacking the past couple years. It's also kind of small, and tipping would be an issue for the bar also.

Great ideas so far. I'm not discounting anything yet. Keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd keep it in the garage and use it for exactly what's shown in the picture- a potting bench. :smile:
I think we're stretching things a bit far now aren't we? Talk about straight out of left field;).

I suppose it could be used for a potting bench, but I think if I do that, it will end up doing exactly what it's doing now,... collecting dust.

Box it up & send it to me... I'll figure something out when it gets here :bounce:
That's crazy talk man. I understand the jealousy here, but this thing is too useful to me to just give away like that. Keep your eyes peeled, and maybe one day you'll find a thing for 7 dollars too. I'm rootin for ya:thumbsup:.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I suppose it could be used for a potting bench, but I think if I do that, it will end up doing exactly what it's doing now,... collecting dust.
In that case, it's time for you to take up a new hobby! I mean, the best use for a $7 steal is to turn it into a money-pit like the rest of our hobbies, right? :icon_lol:

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have more hobbies than I can handle. All of which are money pits, and most are on hold for now because of that. Gardening is one of them, but never one I waste much time with. I have no desire to win yard of the month. I do have a lot of houseplants, but many of them are in places this thing cannot reach easily.

I'm not quite sure it's the best idea to turn my awesome new thing into a new excuse for clearing my bank account, but I'll definitely keep this idea on the backburner in case I change my mind.:)

Maybe I should turn it into a hotdog stand and make money off it. I need a hobby that does that for me.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are excellent ideas. I think it's time for my 3 year old to learn the value of money, and contribute some for the family (and my hobbies). I can set the stand up in my front yard. My kid can run it while I supervise through the window and keep up with my new year's resolution to drink more. Good thinkin' you two:thumbsup:.

:wink:

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My in-law's own a lake I fish on all the time. It would make a very nice fish cleaning station, but any fish I keep are cleaned at the in-law's place. I would have to leave it there to get any use out of it. I would hate to just leave it there, but I could part with it like that I suppose. Good idea. I'll think about this.

So far, the best sounding plan is to have my kid serve booze to the neighborhood. I like this one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.