The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/members/barbre44-albums-10g-planted-six-days-later.html

My tank doesn't look so good. started with 4 female guppies and within a couple of days the algae was horrible. I added for albino cory's and 10 ghost shrimp and that seemed to help a little.

I've set my light to switch every 4 hours per a suggestion provided to someone else in another thread.

Water temp is 75
ph is about 7.4
kh don't know, can't find testers at the super stores.
lighting is 28w coralife 6700k bulb
10g tank
little 'top-fin 10' filter
diy co2
eco-complete with gravel on top

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The closest seems to be "Green Spot Algae, GSA".

Didn't understand some of the comments on this. I don't think the water flow is bad, it isn't waves but i see the water moving and I don't have any scum on the surface.

CO2, could be a problem. I haven't found a kh test kit locally. I am using a single 2l bottle with 2c sugar to 1/2 to 1 tsp yeast. sending it through the filter intake.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a follow up. Since this problem started the tank has cleared completely. In fact, the water is crystal clear and the plants are starting to thrive. I've already had to trim them down quite a bit.

The only plant that isn't growing rapidly is the HC. I can see a couple of runners so maybe it is going to make it.

Check out my blog to see some pics: da blog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts