The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might try making a more triangular shape by locating the driftwood off to one side and keeping taller plants behind it with smaller plants up front and to the other side. Make an area of density and an area that's open. You might also play with depth a little with low foreground, medium mid ground and tall background. If you follow the rules of good composition your tank will automatically become more aesthetically pleasing. Check out Takashi Amanos work. He's the master of composition and scale.

Also if you were willing to do a full tear down I'd recommend grading your substrate from front to back and side to side. Make the back higher to add depth and make one side higher for a more natural flowing look.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might try making a more triangular shape by locating the driftwood off to one side and keeping taller plants behind it with smaller plants up front and to the other side. Make an area of density and an area that's open. You might also play with depth a little with low foreground, medium mid ground and tall background. If you follow the rules of good composition your tank will automatically become more aesthetically pleasing. Check out Takashi Amanos work. He's the master of composition and scale.

Also if you were willing to do a full tear down I'd recommend grading your substrate from front to back and side to side. Make the back higher to add depth and make one side higher for a more natural flowing look.
ok tyty I was gonna make a kind of cliff scape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.