The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a t5 with 2 39watt bulbs. I was wondering what plants I could put in my 46 gallon bowfront.

I currently am think about planting:
Italian Val
Micro sword
Rose sword
Amazon sword
Red tiger lily
Water sprites

Any help would be appreciated because I am not sure how to use the lighting guide with a t5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.
I was wondering what kind of lighting setup I have because I'm know with a t5 you can't use the normal watts per gallon to find out your type of lighting. Do I have a medium or low light setup?

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Definitely medium, maybe even high if you have it right on top of the tank. Depending on what brand you have, you may even have to raise it up a bit to avoid algae issues.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would say that you would be able to grow most plants i have 2 24w t5ho bulbs in my 37 gallon and i grow many species such as rotala macranra swords etc good co2 and nutrients always essential with increased lighting hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the help. I had no idea I had medium to high lighting! That increases my option a lot.

·
Registered
532 Posts
just remember to balance that with ur ferts and co2 otherwise your plants may suffer good luck keep me posted :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts