The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I have a 40g tank with a few plants. A couple of big Anubius I believe and a few smaller sword clumps. I want to get some more plants, but I have 2 firemouths and a convict living in the tank. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on good hardy plants that would look nice, but also be able to grow in a tank with a couple of cichlids. I am moderately new to the whole scene, but I like it, and want to add to the plants.

The cichlids are somewhat old now, and when their time is up I am planning on switching over to less destructive fish, but in the mean time I would like to start more plants.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I think most java ferns would be fine. There are several types to choose from: regular, needle-leaf, narrow-leaf, windelov, trident, etc etc

You could try mosses, but the cichlids might rip the moss off your driftwood or rocks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of starting the moss up in the front of the tank, just because they Firemouths tend to stay towards the back. They have some nice hiding spots, and are pretty shy. They do venture out, but the majority of their time is spent in the back 1/2 of the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts