The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I am a semi-beginner aquarist and plant keeper. I was recently given this fully planted 5 gallon tank and I was just curious about the names of the plants both common and scientific. Also I would appreciate any tips you can provide. I actually work at a pet store and I would love to take back any knowledge for my customers that are getting into the hobby or be able to converse with those that have a little more experience without me sounding like I do not know what I am talking about. I am familiar with the basics of cycling tanks, maintenance, and fish care/stocking. However, plants are definitely my weak point. Again any info will be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
The serrated leaf stem plant with the red/orange stem is hygrophila pinnatifida. The long green plant in what looks like the right of the aquarium looks like needle leaf java fern. The small carpet plant looks like either HC(hemianthus callitrichoides) or monte carlo (Micranthemum "monte carlo")

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's a bit hard to determine what kind of moss you have growing in the tank. The picture is a bit blurry close up. Would you mind taking a close up shot of the moss?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.