The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i want to find an easy to keep moss like/or carpet plant for my CRS tank...should i consider ruccia? or taiwan moss? or hairgrass? ....i want a plant that can grow fast in a 5.5gallon with no co2 or ferts...the temp is about 25C-27C...any suggestions? thx ^^

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
How much lighting do you currently have over your tank?

In general, "fast growing" and "no CO2 nor fertilizers" are not really compatible. You cannot have fast growth without lots of light, lots of CO2 and lots of fertilizers.

In terms of moss like and/or carpet like plants, you may want to take a look at Riccia, HC, any of the mosses (Java, Taiwan, etc), Hairgrass, Marsilea quadrifolia, Glosso, etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooo...cool,cool...i mean as in able to grow not too slowly....i really like hairgrass and riccia though

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
How much light do you have in your tank? Riccia as ground cover does seem to like more light; you may be able to grow Dwarf Hairgrass with lower lighting, as long as you provide stable CO2. It may also grow much slower under low light conditions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 16watt in a 5.5gallon...if i remember correctly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.