The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this?
I bought some dwarf babies tears for the foreground of my tank.. ingrained in them were mosses and such. One of these is pictured. I tried taking the picture from various angles to give a better idea.. the leafy bits are the dwarf tears, but the green bit sticking up are some unknown plant. Another one is growing in a clump if hair grass I got from the same LFS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see if these pictures work better

this is a better picture.. it's growing out of the dwarf tears. kind of flat leaf

zoomed in

this one is in the grass (it's making bubbles) .. kind of harder to see.

some other "mosses" that are in the dwarf tears
a hairy one.. I thought it was algae at first but it seems to root into the gravel.. it may be algae

a thicker one.. with leafy appendages

also thicker than the hair, but not at thick as the one above. the leaves on this one are radially placed

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't see what looks like a clump of clado. I see what looks like dwarf HG mixed in with the tears and if it has a root system and is established then it isn't like any clado that I have seen. The moss is java I'm pretty sure.

Is the moss exhibiting any branching or is it more like a single thread? I mean once a tank has java moss its pretty hard to get rid of. hehe

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I don't see what looks like a clump of clado. I see what looks like dwarf HG mixed in with the tears and if it has a root system and is established then it isn't like any clado that I have seen. The moss is java I'm pretty sure.

Is the moss exhibiting any branching or is it more like a single thread? I mean once a tank has java moss its pretty hard to get rid of. hehe

I've had this algae in mosses before. It looks just like it. Not particularly invasive in my tank but still it's there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.