The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currenty have 19 tanks and counting (hopefully down) for the most part filled with plecos and shrimp.

I also have a 10 gal empty for a new adventure. I currently have amano shrimp, bamboo shrimp, RCS, OEBT and blue bee shrimp. I used to have CRS and Crystal black shrimp but neither did too well. I believe my tanks get too hot for them in Atlanta, GA. I would like to know what you would recommend for another shrimp species in a 10 gal heavily planted tank with sponge filter that there is a market for if they should decide to get it on.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bamboo shrimp do not breed in fresh water. I wish they would. I have had mine for 8 years.
Yellolw shrimp are like RCS right? Same species, but a color cariant?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Bamboo shrimp do not breed in fresh water. I wish they would. I have had mine for 8 years.
Yellolw shrimp are like RCS right? Same species, but a color cariant?
Yes.

Cardinal shrimp and other Sulawesi shrimp are said to need a higher temperature than most of the other popular freshwater shrimp which might suit your conditions better. You might look into them. They are still pretty exotic and 'new.'

·
Registered
430 Posts
Rili is a type of Cherry. Most common color is red with a white or transparent body. Blue Rili's have a bluish body, but still have the red markings. I've also seen photos of "true blue" Rili, Orange Rili (Orange instead of red) and Yellow Rili (Yellow instead of red).

My favorite color pattern is transparent body, with just a spot of color on the head and on the tail.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I'm in the same position, trying to decide what to get next as I have a tank cycled and ready for shrimp sitting here with some feeder guppies in it right now. Its between snow balls and golden bee's. I'm think snowballs because of the price. Golden's are 4/$35, snowballs 12/$40. Big price difference to get a sustainable population started, because with the golden's I'd want 8-12 and thats a lot more money than getting the snowballs. Plus the snowballs will be easier to breed. I already have 1 tank with crystals I have to watch all the time and monitor pH, gH, etc and rather keep that to 1 tank if possible. The goldens do look so nice though. What to do, what to do, what to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.