The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a Fabco NV-55-18 but they want $17 for shipping, bringing the total cost to over $65 which seems silly for a $100 paintball regulator

Working with the Aquatek Mini which is 1/8 NPT

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
SMC-AS1000 are inexpensive.
Personally I found using 2 in line work well.

Reactions: Immortal1

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
An option to consider? Rather than using the NV-55-18 to get the 1/8 solid pipe, consider a different way to go that I like.
For the mid range quality of the NV-55 not using the 1/8 but using the small and fragile10-32, I find it works for me to rethink why I put it all on the tank as that is one of the spots that I really DO NOT want so much stuff that it makes the tank tip over!
Consider that the NV-55 is cheaper and much smaller but reduce the fragile factor by just sticking a small 10-32 plastic fitting in it, use tubing to run the parts out to mount away from the tank with the advantages that you get to put the things you need to see and adjust where you want them, even when you leave the tank down in the back of the stand! In doing this, one also moves the fragile stuff off the tank so that you avoid the risk of breaking the good stuff if it is mounted away from doing the tank changes!
I find I break far less stuff if I don't have it hung on the tank top that is already pretty awkward! I use the 10-32 barb fittings that RC plane and car folks use for fuel lines. Cheap enough to let me break one now and then without worry about expense.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's funny you mention that - I broke a glued 10/32 stem inside my last NV-55 by knocking the tank over... with a car tire ;) Bad times. That would have been a good idea to avoid that happening again though.

I went with the 1/8 just for ease of installation. I realize now I would have paid anything to not have to roll out of bed early every morning and fuss for 10 minutes with the stock one on the Aquatek.

Liquid Bottle Barware Fluid Wine

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
It does take a while to get a betterfeel for what best fits each of us but I might give you some thoughts on the next time around!
I hate breakingthings so like to look at what might last longer and then I came around to using this.
The bubble counter as many use it just looks like a hazard to me and when it is on the tank and under the stand it was hard to see, so I moved it off the tank and reg by going to the cheap plastic Fluval!
I used bigger tanks but the idea may work even better for paintball as it is so much easierto tip.
I use just plain cheapish beer regs, go with solenoids to avoid the personal time needed, then go to needle valves mounted out away from the regand on the stand nearer the front where I can see and really get a good look at both the needlevalve and the bubble counter, then on into the tank. Part of what makes it work for me is that I also use low pressure like 10PSI which works much better with tubing fit on barbs as high pressure does have more chance of slipping off the barb.
Just a different way that seems to work for me but a person has to try a few different ideas to get closer to what we each may want.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, so far I'm experiencing really bad drift with the NV-55 still. Dropping like 20 bubbles/min a day. Not sure where to go from here. I would turn this tank low tech before I'd buy a new CO2 setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts