The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What mosses are you guys looking for? I know its not very big time to redo tanks RIGHT NOW but I know a ton of people do it during the spring.

Mosses I have now, Some have prices some don't so PM me!

Stringy~ $10 for a golf ball sized clump, It isn't measured too well so you will probably end up with extra by mistake:flick:

Willow type 1~ About 1 foot long portions Have 4 for sale. Will need to get a picture, this is a DARK green form that isn't really growing well for me in my tanks.... might have a little bit of algae on it PM me.

Willow type 2~ Golf ball size $15? This is like the more commonly seen willow moss in the hobby, bright green leaves and new growth, light brown stem. Not sure on price PM me!

I made a mistake with the fissidens, It's really "nano moss" If there is any problems with the moss please contact me. I'm very sorry for the mistake, but on the bright side..... It's MUCH MUCH rarer than what I had expected!

"Nano Moss" (see pictures and discussion on the next page) Same price as I was selling it before by mistake, so $25 for the size of a golf ball.

Christmass moss~ none at the moment.

Taiwan Moss~golf ball $10 Got quite a bit! Some is getting a flourish excell baggy solitary confinement treatment for getting algea but the rest is fine! Price... not sure pm me.

Java ~ Sold out.

Also have some large form floating Ricca. (pending)

---------------

Shipping - USPS Priority $5 flat rate Bubble envelope, all that good stuff.

OR

Express shipping USPS It's around $15 I believe.
---------------

Also, It seems I need to put up a little disclaimer now that someone has had a problem with the moss:frown:

I really can't be held responsible for the moss when you are keeping it in your tank. If your conditions aren't any good and somehow it dies on you in a matter of days, Something is Wrong and it probably wasn't my moss.

Also, I can't bring the moss to you myself. That's why I ship USPS. Sometimes there are delays due to weather. I ship as soon as I receive payment. If you want it shipped at a certain time I NEED TO BE TOLD IN ADVANCE!

From this point on I carry a full replacement if I screw up. If the package is delayed I really can't help you but I will try. Shipping shouldn't be a problem but once and a while it becomes one I guess. If there is a problem I need pictures of how it came and they need to be sent to me ASAP if it's been there a few days or for some reason you leave the moss out to be frozen I really can't help you.

Sorry about having to write all that, but please try to understand. I'm 15 and trying to spread moss around, I'm also human we all make mistakes once and a while.

- So PM me!

Andrew

(ohh and yes this will go to my $1000 goal this year)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Responded on all PMs so far, I will email you sayn3ver

Pending sales on...

golf ball portions of tiwan - 2
stringy moss portions - 2
willow moss type 1 - 1
fissidens golf ball portion - 1
Java moss - 2

Right now no more java moss if the two portions sell, But I may have a bit extra Will let everyone know.

Thanks Everyone for the support!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some stuff sold,

Name will be kept privet but...

2 stringy moss portions
1 java moss portion
1 fissidens portion
1 willow (type one) portion

Total was $75, and since it's my largest order to date, and that it's the first of the year enjoy the free shipping!

So My total so far for the year is

$75

$925 left to go to reach my goal of $1000

Thanks everyone for all the support!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All who paid thier orders where shipped out today~

Got pleanty of stringy moss!!

Fissidens are going quick though, will try and get a picture, probably only two orders left!

Thanks everyone!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All PMs replied to, Sorry about the "being on" but not responding I forgot to close the browser, I personally Know I hate that so I'm sorry I did it to others.

So, Moss seems to be going if you want to get some of the fissidens or willow one you better be quick!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
are you growing the tiwan moss because ill be looking for some in the next few weeks?
Yes, I have a good portion, I can sell you it for like $5 or $10 Since right now I have no room:icon_wink

Let me know!

Also, All PMs responded to! I will have some pictures soon I hope.

-Andrew

Edit, You also might want to check out Kangishen He's pretty loaded on Tiwan at the moment!

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pictures Finally!!

Willow 1

Willow 2

Willow 1 and Willow 2 Side By Side!(right of pic- Willow 1, left is willow 2)

Some Fissidens Shots,

After looking at pictures of fissidens I probably don't have fontanus. If there was any problems with the fissidens I sold you pm me.

Thanks for the support!
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks more like stringy moss. Maybe you have two types of stringy moss now!
(And it's Taiwan, not Tiwan ;) )
No, It is not stringy moss I am Sure it is a fissidens, just not too sure the exact type. Stringy moss looks much much different. Believe me, I know!

The main difference is that stringy moss's little leaves are much bigger and triangular and only grow one way across from each other like.... <|> (but the > pointing upwards more and around the |-stem) and on this fissiden the little leaves go out at all sides at random and are much more narrow.

Thank's for the Spelling on Taiwan:icon_wink

All PMs responded to!

-Andrew

Also, There is only one type of stringy moss -.-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.