The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Marineland 27 gallon cube off Craigslist. 20x18x20. Came with standard LED strip but I want to add more lighting. What should I use?

·
Registered
152 Posts
How much light are you looking for, low, medium or high? A Finnex Planted+ 24/7 is a good option for low to medium light and its dimmable. And high light, you would probably be best with a kessil a150/a160.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to get medium light if possible but on a budget. I have one 18" elive LED strip with 3.5 watts and 320 lumen. And 2 18" elive LED strips with 3 watts and 190 lumen each. I was using those on other tanks. Plus a basic Marineland LED strip with 6 white LEDs and 3 blue LEDs. No other info on this as it came with the tank purchased off craigslist and I can't find the model number (01F33) online. Are those 4 units sufficient or should I add more? I'm very new with plants so thank you for your patience.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd like to get medium light if possible but on a budget. I have one 18" elive LED strip with 3.5 watts and 320 lumen. And 2 18" elive LED strips with 3 watts and 190 lumen each. I was using those on other tanks. Plus a basic Marineland LED strip with 6 white LEDs and 3 blue LEDs. No other info on this as it came with the tank purchased off craigslist and I can't find the model number (01F33) online. Are those 4 units sufficient or should I add more? I'm very new with plants so thank you for your patience.
Combined with either the 8.5" flood reflectors, http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/153195-my-inexpensive-cfl-light-solution.html or with an old incandescent lamp hood for a 20 gallon tank...

TCP LA1050KND6 LED A19 - 60 Watt Equivalent Daylight (5000K) Light Bulb - 6 Pack - - Amazon.com

..these bulbs are a bargain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts