The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a really hard time deciding what light i should get for my waterbox clear 4820. I want something to cover the whole tank, and i dont want any limits of what plants i can plan in there. Im willing to drop 600$ on a light if it does the job.

·
Registered
12,691 Posts
Im having a really hard time deciding what light i should get for my waterbox clear 4820. I want something to cover the whole tank, and i dont want any limits of what plants i can plan in there. Im willing to drop 600$ on a light if it does the job.
They use 2 AI Primes..
3 would be better..
They come in black or white. Above still doesn't reflect current price increase to $230-ish each
Plus arms if you use them.
That is about the cheapest for full channel control without going pairs of strip lights (yea I know 2-3 "pucks" so it isn't one unit anyways).
Like 2 Fluvals, 2 Finnex. ect
Or like this:
SBReef have a series of freshwater lights. Overall stronger than the AI's but limited to 2 channels of mixed colors.
Look is an acquired taste to me.
https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-reef-lights/82-45-sbox-freshwater-extreme-wifi-.html

Shoot for about >100W total in led power if you want to grow "anything".

A budget buster "cool" light is this. Prob close to a grand for 300W

6 tube dimmable t5 would cost about $720

Could go to 4 tubes but hey why not 6
rough estimate is 1W led = about .5W T5
So 200 is 100.. VERY flexible estimate.
could be more like 200 = 150

Besides power there are other things you may consider crucial or just like to have i.e needs/wants

·
Registered
281 Posts
You can get three of these:

3 x 80 = 240$

You will have to spend some more money on arms to hold them but you will have a total of 300watts of LED light and lots of options to control the colors and brightness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts