The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find the right led fixture for my tank for a while now. I will have low light and medium light plants, and don't have a c02 setup. The tank is a 60 gallon, 48" by 13" by 24" tall. I want it to be bright enough to have my plants growing healthy, but don't want it so bright I'll need C02 or have an algae outbreak. I am trying to decide between:

Beamswork led with 54 1 Watt 6500k LED's (couldn't find PAR readings)
http://www.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=56427P&CartID=1

Green Elements led with 32 3 Watt 6500k LED's (couldn't find PAR readings)
http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-EVO-Freshwater-Plant-p/56547p.htm

Marineland double bright LED (35 PAR at 24")
Amazon.com : Marineland Double Bright LED Light, 48- to 60-Inch : Marineland Single Bright Led Lighting System : Pet Supplies

Finnex Ray2 (50 PAR at 24")

Thanks so much for the advice, I have no idea which would be better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I've had a couple people tell me the planted+ wouldn't be bright enough on a 24" tall, so that's why I wasn't considering it, but I'll definitely look into it more. Let me know how it works out for you rhiro. As for the build my led's, the fixture came out to be $269 which is a little too much for my budget. I like the idea of being able to convert it to a high tech, but $269 is a little steep. I'm trying to figure out rapidled, it seems a lot cheaper than buildmyled.

Bump: Also just a quick question, how much would a basic C02 system cost me? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I decided to go with the Finnex planted+ for now and just run it with the crappy lights that came with the aquarium. I'll see how it works out with my low light plants, and might end up adding a finnex stingray or one of the aquatrader led's. Might go the DIY route a little later on once I know what I'm doing a little more :icon_bigg
Thanks again for the help everyone! :proud:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts