The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to feed frozen brine shrimp to my tiger barbs and the barbs would swallow the shrimp whole. But the tetras I have now are really small and I can't imagine them being able to gulp down those shrimp. Even the OmegaOne freeze-dried bloodworms I have look too big for these guys. So far I've just been feeding them flakes, which I crush up nice and small. How can I get some variety into their diet?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Grindal worms, golden pearls, micro pellets, crushed tetra min tablets. I put all of my fish food for my plecos and other larger fish in a measuring cup so I have a variety of food without having to carry 10+ containers from tank to tank. This makes feeding much easier but there is always a lot of tiny particles from the tablets and pellets that collects at the bottom. This stuff is perfect for small fish and even fry.

·
Registered
79 Posts
anything really if crushed fine enough. I crush my small sized sinking NLS pellets up in my fingers and it sometimes creates a "dust cloud" when it hits the water, but 90% of the time its just slightly smaller pellets.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could also chop up frozen bloodworm or tubifex nice and small. I always do this since losing some apistos to bloat after gorging on whole blood worms. Oh and my tetras also love boiled peas - just boil them for a minute then squeeze the pea out of the shell and mush it up - feed slowly and try and keep check on any that falls to the sand so you can clear it up. My glowlights really shine they love the NLS Cichlid pellets I feed my apistos with they will try and eat a whole pellet so I started crushing them up for them and the difference in their colour is astounding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts