The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i had some moss in a shipping a while back and didnt really know what it is but i used it on a driftwood anyways lol its not java i know that but hey how would i know lol so if any one knews what type it is let me know thanks....

******** NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOSS IN THE 3RD PHOTO, THAT IS THE TANK WITH A PROBLEM ON THE WATER PARAMETER ********
also i have a question about my tank water parameter.... my ph is 7.2, ammonia is 0.25, nitrite is at 0.5 is this bad? the nitrite is what i was more wondering on... i have plants in the tank a fair amount (see picture below) and i dose Seachems Comp. also in the tank so could that be the reason for a high nitrite level?

******** NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOSS IN THE 3RD PHOTO, THAT IS THE TANK WITH A PROBLEM ON THE WATER PARAMETER ********

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had the tank for a while just set it up like 2 months ago... cycled it with graval from a running tank that was setup for a good year or so...

you think its fire moss? any one else have an idea what it could be? ( NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOSS IN THE 3RD PHOTO, THAT IS THE TANK WITH A PROBLEM ON THE WATER PARAMETER )

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Hard to tell what moss it is unless you take a piece of it and put in on a white paper and snap a picture.

But it deifnitely is not flame moss. Because flame moss grows upwards in a flame kind of way...

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
It has fronds like Christmas, but Christmas grows downwards.

I'd say its most like Taiwan.

Also. If you're showing ammonia and nitrite, you never cycled the tank properly. I'd remove any fish / inverts and try to facilitate the cycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.