The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 5 pcs of these shrimps, and i dont know what kind are they. hot them a week ago, pretty active. with tap water for 2 days, then just received my ro buddie, and did a 20% water change to aclimate them to ro water. i have eco complete, a medium planted low tech tank, with moss, dwarf hair grass, a banana plant and 2 medium anubias, and 2 other foreground plants, a moss ball and a cattapa leaf, now my parameters are ammonia 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates around 2ppm and im have water changes every other day with seachem prime treated tap water. plus 1x 20% ro water. temp is at 74*. 10g tank

i still havent received my tds meter hopefully itll arrive this week. canister filter 105gph with sponge prefilter, ph of ro water is 6.5 to 6.7. ph tap is at 8s. i use seachem flourish 2ml dose per day, small amount of fert osmocote plus in substrate, added maybe 2 pellets per sq in. beamswork 18in led light.

and planning to get crs with them.

so questions:

what kind of shrimp?
how to breed them?
how slow should i acclimate them from tap to ro?
do i need to change substrate?
what gh chemical should i use?
do i also need to get mineral and vitamin booster for them?
should i get bacteria booster?
what else should i get for ahrimp breeding?

thanks and hope ill be on my way to my first shrimp farm.

btw im in socal

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. ph test kit came in too, now i have some more water parameters, tds 340 , ph 8.0, ammo 0, nitrate 0 nitrite 0. water change 10% ro and 20 tap. im still wating for my bee shrimp gh+, bacter ae l, bee balls, cholla wood, and cones. then ill change prolly 30% ro every other day to slowly acclimate them to ph 6.5 or lower.

is this plan a good plan for them? its been my 2nd week having them and they are still alive so hopefully theyll be ok til im done redoing the water from tap to ro. m getting crs this weekend too. introducing them next monday to my tank.

is it normal for them to play on top of the water against the water current in the morning?

i also use seachem florish and osmocote( just a little like 3 pellets every 3 square in)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.