The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to be doing a planted shrimp tank. its 5.5 g 16" x 8" x 10". what kind of light is recommended, and where to get it from? any 1 with any good ideas?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do like that lamp but it would not fit on the tank stand... i had to resort to one of those hampton bay clip on lamps, which does not seem safe to me but it works and seems to look ok. i definatley think i should install a gfi outlet though.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
i do like that lamp but it would not fit on the tank stand... i had to resort to one of those hampton bay clip on lamps
I realize you already bought a clip on instead of this one, but for what it's worth, and for anyone else reading this thread who might be contemplating getting one of these desk lamps...

The base of the lamp comes right off. It's just attached by a screw. Then you could drill a small hole in your stand, find a screw that is the same diameter but longer, and insert it through the hole you just drilled. Tighten down, dispose of the base, and you're done.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I realize you already bought a clip on instead of this one, but for what it's worth, and for anyone else reading this thread who might be contemplating getting one of these desk lamps...

The base of the lamp comes right off. It's just attached by a screw. Then you could drill a small hole in your stand, find a screw that is the same diameter but longer, and insert it through the hole you just drilled. Tighten down, dispose of the base, and you're done.
crap! i wish i would have relized that before... would have bin a much cleaner look... maybe after i shock everything in the tank with my clip on i'll get the one with the base lol. thanks for the heads up though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts