The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a LONG gray hairy type that is currently infesting my Java Fern, Dwarf Sag, and Java Moss. Here is a pic of it on my Java Fern and Dwarf sag. I have not seen my SAE touch it:

Dwarf Sag:

I have DIY Co2 that I change every 2 weeks. No ferts yet as I don't have any opportunities to buy any besides online. I have to wait until the end of the month then I might be able to get a huge huge cherry shrimp package. What type of algae is this, and how can I get rid of it:confused:

Smalltank

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Looks like staghorn to me. I had some a while ago in my ten gallon cherry shrimp tank. Spot treating with some excell killed it in two days for me. If you need some ferts for your ten I could give you some to last a couple months or so until you can get some. I'll have to look for sure but I think i could spare some cherries also. I can send the ferts regular mail but its too cold right now to ship the shrimp unless your close by and could pick them up. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jon

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
nope, defenately staghorn.

rid EVERY visible fraction of it that you physically can, and then overdose excel for 2 weeks. that is the temporary solution. to rid of it for good, you need to up the co2. staghorn and bba are common in a tank lacking enough co2. i would invest in a pressurized system if i were you. believe me, it's worth it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
staghorn. Trim leaves and manually remove as much as possible. Make sure your biofilter is in good shape as ammonia can be a culprit. Did you add a bunch of fish load? Overfeed? Clean the filter with chlorinated water? Plants aren't growing well so they're rotting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts