The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm becoming an expert in cultivating algae.

It's a 76 litre tank with a 700 litre per hour external filter, lights only on 6 hours (2 x t5 24watt), steady co2 at 30 mg and pearling, plants growing well, etc. Might try taking off a t5 for while but I don't like doing that since I'm trying to carpet my hairgrass and it needs the light. Oh well....

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Carpet does not need as much light as you might imagine, just might grow slower.
can you raise the light a few centimeter's ,or shade the top of tank between light and water surface with window screen?
Would give top of grass affected, a good clipping with sharp scissor's.
Clean filter material monthly.
See that plant's get regular dosing of ALL macro/micro nutrient's. NitrogenPottasium,Phosphate.and trace (micro's).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I removed one of the t5s when I had green water. Growth was still there but much slower. I'll probably do that since I can't raise the light.

It seems to have spread since I trimmed the affected area a few weeks ago and started a proper fertiliser regime! Think I need more ferts? I'm not doing EI. Just dosing npk and micros from a bottle according to manufacturer instructions. I do a 50% water change at end of week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.