The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this is? I've never seen it before in my tank. I posted this on the Inver. section because I recently added MTS and Nerite snails to the tank and I suspect it has something to do with them. There are also other tiny white "dots" scattered around the tank glass. Are these snail babies?

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea? I thought they layed their eggs at the surface. If it is, that great. Then I dont have to buy anymore :)
Assuming it is, does anyone know how long till they hatch?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh. I knew I read that somewhere. So, they'll lay them in freshwater but the eggs need saltwater to hatch. What happens now? Do they just die and fall off? Or, they'll just come off with my normal glass cleaning?

·
Registered
298 Posts
They are really hard to get off. It take a lot of elbow grease to get them off the glass. Might take using a razor blade.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GREAT! Thank god their mostly on one of the fake plants that I'm getting rid of. But, I guess there'll be more of them in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nerite eggs for sure. I've switched to stocking only one per tank as they lay eggs everywhere, even on my MTS!

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Nerite eggs for sure. I've switched to stocking only one per tank as they lay eggs everywhere, even on my MTS!
lol I hate my nerites. I don't see how some people can keep so many nerites and still keep their tank clean. Now if they'd eat their own eggs, that would be Awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts