The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Unless you have fry or baby shrimp, don't worry about them. I have hydras in all of my tanks and they cause no problems.
+1 they will go away on their own if they have nothing to eat. ive had them a time or two. Learned not to get plants from a certain store near my brother's house.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My fish aren't bothered by them, but they bug the hell out of me. I had a ton of sand fleas which is probably what they were eating, but I don't see the sand fleas anymore. The hydra are getting worse. I would bet the numbers are in the thousands. I had them show up when I started the tank, just water and substrate, no plants, no fish food, nothing. I suspect they were in my substrate. When I stick my hand in the tank, I get a tingly feeling, they are stinging me. They gotta go

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:icon_eek: thats a LOT of hydra!

If you have trouble finding Panacur locally, try on Amazon... I think that's where I found it last time?
I got some of that dewormer, safeguard I think, I can't remember the name. I put a very small amount in last night around 930pm. My fish seemed fine this morning but the hydra were alive and well. I purposely underdosed it just a little to see how my fish would react. I'm going to put in .1 g per 10 gallons is that right? How many days my supposed to do it for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.