The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i'm having one of those lives... and of course everything goes wrong at once.. i've posted separately as i don't know if it's all related or not.

darn you tank gods...

what is this... it's been there for a bit.. i JUST started CO2 TWO days ago ... it's not really doing much spread a bit in the last week and a half but not fast...

Untitled by laq997, on Flickr

Untitled by laq997, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I can't see anything either.

Unless it's that faint green smudge of what appears to be GSA on the rock. Which I wouldn't worry about. When people say 100% algae free, they really mean 99%. A bit is always present and perfectly natural, especially on hardscape.

If it bothers you, hit it with an H2O2 spot treatment or two. Maybe bump up phosphates a wee bit, in case it's a sign of borderline deficiency. Long-term tank stability goes a long way to reducing this kind of minor nuisance.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
I can't see anything either.

Unless it's that faint green smudge of what appears to be GSA on the rock. Which I wouldn't worry about. When people say 100% algae free, they really mean 99%. A bit is always present and perfectly natural, especially on hardscape.
I was thinking it might be that green smudge too, but it was so negligible I thought it wasn't even worth mentioning! :icon_smil

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay YES it's that SMUGE of green... the thing is NO ONE is eating it.. they are avoiding it and it's starting to spread.

Aquaticz - i DO have a drop checker, NOW.. and i'm using it happily.

i wasn't worried about it till is started to spread.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Few things like to, or even can eat GSA. It's too hard.

Seriously, don't let this worry you. Especially not now, with all I've seen going on in your other threads.

Repeat "I got 99 problems but GSA ain't one" in the style of Jay-Z, until you feel better about it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Few things like to, or even can eat GSA. It's too hard.

Seriously, don't let this worry you. Especially not now, with all I've seen going on in your other threads.

Repeat "I got 99 problems but GSA ain't one" in the style of Jay-Z, until you feel better about it.
thanks... on top of the fish, my dog has an eye infection and my HEALTHY betta decided to eat his tail when i went out for the day with my daughter...apparently i didn't pay enough attention to him today!

it's a zoo here... and i don't mean in a good way... i'll look into GSA later... :icon_lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.