The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sort of looks like it but I'm still not sure. I moved my floaters out of the tank to allow this plant to receive more light. I noticed on all the ends of the plant it is a (Y) shape

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed all my floating amazonian frogbit to allow this plant to receive more light.

One 15watt 6500k cfl & one fluval compact 13watt 6500 cfl over an 8 gallon tank, After researching the plant a little I've seen some really nice carpets made. How would I encourage the plant to grow faster?

Here are some pictures I took today, with the frogbit out of the way it is quite attractive pearling up top.

·
Registered
92 Posts
With riccia you don't have to do much beyond providing lights and water. It's a real weed IMO, and seems nearly impossible to get rid of once it's in a tank. Luckily it's pretty small and easy enough to pull out once you notice it, but any little bit will grow into a new bunch. You can make some really nice looking carpets with it by covering flat pieces of rock or something with the riccia and then covering in netting, but they'll require remaking after the riccia grows through the netting and floats away. It won't attach to anything so will have to be tied down.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's Riccia Fluitans for sure.

If you have the floating variety leave it at the surface. It will grow much denser and you know where it is :D

First pic is the submerged form. It will not float and it has a slight darker coloration. The second pic shows where I keep it in my large tank. For now, as I don't have a place in my setup but I don't want to go look for this plant if I need it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's Riccia Fluitans for sure.

If you have the floating variety leave it at the surface. It will grow much denser and you know where it is :D

First pic is the submerged form. It will not float and it has a slight darker coloration. The second pic shows where I keep it in my large tank. For now, as I don't have a place in my setup but I don't want to go look for this plant if I need it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.