1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Road surface Asphalt Mixture Wood
Plant Cuisine Wood Bedrock Terrestrial plant
Plant Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Wood Bedrock

Crypts, java moss and fern, sword, aponongeton, crinum is all that's in this tank. Maybe a couple sprigs of hornwort or a few little bits of salvinia minima are all that's in this tank... Maybe a crypt?

Oh and there's anubias in there too

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
I have an anubias that I don't recall what type exactly. Think it's the common broad leaf type. But I put a couple clippings in a couple different tanks from my big stalk in yet another tank. Anyway, the clippings that went in the compressed co2 tank grew new leaves before they grew any roots at all. It was the other way around in the tank without co2, took awhile but little roots started and then new leaves.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an anubias that I don't recall what type exactly. Think it's the common broad leaf type. But I put a couple clippings in a couple different tanks from my big stalk in yet another tank. Anyway, the clippings that went in the compressed co2 tank grew new leaves before they grew any roots at all. It was the other way around in the tank without co2, took awhile but little roots started and then new leaves.
Neat. These are in a low tech and it looks like a leaf with a little nub. I'm starting to suspect my java fern because I just pulled a decaying leaf with plantlets out of there... I did just pull 4 flowering stalks off of my aponongeton too 😂 so many possible culprits.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a java fern leaves are wrong. I have a ton of java fern and none of it looks like that.
Any thoughts on what they could be? They settled on a spot in between all my plants. Just kind of intrigued. I agree they don't look like the java fern off shoots but I found a couple nubs that look similar near the rhizome/ stalk of my decade old "parent" plant, no leaves, though.

Plant Mixture Soil Grass Rock

99% sure it's a crypt.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would have said something like dwarf sag but you didn't say it was in your tank. Something spreading via runner - so since you mentioned crypt that would be my guess.

Any thoughts on what they could be? They settled on a spot in between all my plants. Just kind of intrigued. I agree they don't look like the java fern off shoots but I found a couple nubs that look similar near the rhizome/ stalk of my decade old "parent" plant, no leaves, though.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also kinda looks like a sword to me. Curious what the ghost like fish in the first picture is? Is its transparency just an artifact of camera exposure time?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Lol it's a spotted (paleatus) cory- he was bumbling around, most likely exposure time a it was taken on my phone.

I do have sword plants in here so it's a possibility.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty sure this one is aponongeton crispus

Plant Flower Road surface Asphalt Grass

Still thinking this one is a crypt

Plant Bedrock Body of water Natural landscape Landscape

Though I think it may be stunted/ dying. Can't find the others, though I have a scraggly crypt that I pulled out from inside my filter intake and planted that might be one of them, though I think it's too big.

Plant Vertebrate Terrestrial plant Grass Aquatic plant

·
Registered
792 Posts
My cripus bulb has gone from a tiny nub to a 1/2 fist size giant but it has never generated plantets like the dwarf lilies i have. Did your manage to actually produce seeds ? Anyway the leaf structure looks wrong (at least it is nothing like my crispus).

Pretty sure this one is aponongeton crispus

View attachment 1031455

Still thinking this one is a crypt

View attachment 1031456

Though I think it may be stunted/ dying. Can't find the others, though I have a scraggly crypt that I pulled out from inside my filter intake and planted that might be one of them, though I think it's too big.

View attachment 1031457

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My cripus bulb has gone from a tiny nub to a 1/2 fist size giant but it has never generated plantets like the dwarf lilies i have. Did your manage to actually produce seeds ? Anyway the leaf structure looks wrong (at least it is nothing like my crispus).
I may have had a flower go to seed. It's been pushed out 5 or 6 flowers in the past 2 months. The first one I didn't remove because I wanted to see if I could get seeds, my dad had a medical emergency and before I knew it the stem had disappeared, I figured it started decomposing and the snails got to it. I'm thinking now maybe it produced seeds.

I'll agree it doesn't really look like an a crispus but it looks more like it than anything else in the tank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are baby Aponogeton plants. I had this happen after my Longiplumulosus sent out some flowers. About the time the flowers were exhausted, I had these little guys popping up all over the tank. The flowers must have dropped seeds and this is them starting off in their new form.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty sure they are baby Aponogeton plants. I had this happen after my Longiplumulosus sent out some flowers. About the time the flowers were exhausted, I had these little guys popping up all over the tank. The flowers must have dropped seeds and this is them starting off in their new form.
Perfectly logical. Yay!! This is only the 2nd time I've ever been successful with seeds... Unfortunately both were accidents. I suppose I should take it a that- just ignore the flower and it will seed 😂

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well... not to be a party pooper but i think it is a bit early to declare success.... you must provide an update in 4 or 8 weeks to see just what sort of plant this turns into. also you might need to place a fence away from it just in case one of the fishes gets the munchies ;)

Perfectly logical. Yay!! This is only the 2nd time I've ever been successful with seeds... Unfortunately both were accidents. I suppose I should take it a that- just ignore the flower and it will seed 😂

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well... not to be a party pooper but i think it is a bit early to declare success.... you must provide an update in 4 or 8 weeks to see just what sort of plant this turns into. also you might need to place a fence away from it just in case one of the fishes gets the munchies ;)
😂😂😂 I'd be more afraid of the snails.... Anyone knows how to do an underwater beer trap? 😂😂😂 There will be updates on this probably weekly until it dies or reveals it's true form.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.