The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fresh water planted nano tank 7.6 gallon. It have 5 Red cherry shrimp, 3 otto fish & 5 nitrate snails. Anabius, and moss plant.

Water parameters
0 ppm Ammonia
0 ppm Nitrate
10 ppm Nitrite

But I was watching some kind of bugs on my filter, now today on java moss wood. I am attaching photo. Let me know are they bad or good. If bad than how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would say they could eggs from your snail, but they usually lay them in groups, not individually.

My other guess would be that it's ICH, but in my experience ICH spots aren't so large

Sent from my SM-A215U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If they are NOT moving, they are nerite snail eggs. They will not hatch in freshwater and the females will continue to lay eggs in the tank. If you don't want any more eggs to show up, you will need to figure which snail is the female by watching which one is laying the eggs and trade her back to the store or sell her another way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they swim? Have you seen an increase of flying insects in your house.
No they don't swim. Before few days I have seen very tiny fly on the aquarium water on the surface. I removed it by net. Now no.

No they don't swim. Before few days I have seen very tiny fly on the aquarium water on the surface. I removed it by net. Now no.
I just googled nerite snail eggs photos and they are exact same. It their any way to rid of it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You can try using a tooth pick or single edge razor blade to remove unwanted eggs individually but will need to remove any female snails to stop them laying new eggs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.