1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
762 Posts
Definitely looks like a brine shrimp to me... you mentioned mollies, is it a brackish tank? If you fed live brine shrimp to a brackish tank, I could totally see one surviving by chance...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no brackish water here. It would be kind of cool to have these live native in the tank little snacks I suppose. I got a Siamese Algae Eater and some ghost shrimp yesterday and they came in the bag. I didnt see them untill after the drip acclimation and when they got out of the back I could see them suddenly since there was some contrast

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sure it is a type of fairyshrimp and harmless to your fish, yes. Is it Artemia? That is anyones guess. It could be a sea-monkey, but it is a fairyshrimp, and that runs a gamut of about 25 species, Artemiiidae, is just one of the better known species. There are close looking freshwater species of fairy shrimp that look familiar to artemia as well.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ya, freshwater fairy shrimp, essentially the same as brine shrimp. The eggs can survive drying out, harmless critters, near the bottom of the food chain.

·
Registered
987 Posts
How in the world do you have Fairy Shrimp in your aquarium? Are you using pond water for water changes? For a moment I was sure this thread was a troll, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I promise you the fairy shrimp had nothing to do with your fish death.

·
Registered
762 Posts
anastasisariel said:
How in the world do you have Fairy Shrimp in your aquarium? Are you using pond water for water changes? For a moment I was sure this thread was a troll, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I promise you the fairy shrimp had nothing to do with your fish death.
pgaron said:
I got a Siamese Algae Eater and some ghost shrimp yesterday and they came in the bag. I didnt see them untill after the drip acclimation and when they got out of the back I could see them suddenly since there was some contrast

1 - 14 of 14 Posts