The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to hit the lights on my Ebi when I noticed a very distinct "scratch" on my tank, thinking it was a crack developing I paniced and went in for a closer look and saw this thing...

Prior to my shrimp in inhabiting this tank I did have a small Oto around to help cycle/clean the tank but it never looked pregnant to me and I have since moved the Oto to my bigger community tank.

Anyone else got any clues as to what this thing is? It's definitely something alive because I can see two mini bulges where there's supposed to be eyes and what might be two budding fins too.

IMG_1709.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What else is in the tank?

A lone Oto cannot lay fertile eggs, were there by any chance more than one in the tank?
Nope...just the one Oto, I did buy him at a Petsmart and the tank had tons of other Oto's so that might be a possibility?

Is that little fry for sure an Oto tho?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Unless you had a fry sneek in on a plant or something, it's not an Oto fry with a lone Oto in the tank.

At that size, it appears that what ever it is, is only a couple days old at most. Have you added anything to the tank within the past couple of days?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless you had a fry sneek in on a plant or something, it's not an Oto fry with a lone Oto in the tank.

At that size, it appears that what ever it is, is only a couple days old at most. Have you added anything to the tank within the past couple of days?
I did bring over that large piece of driftwood from my community tank but all it has are 5 glo-fish, 5 glass catfish and a lone guppy that my GF couldn't take care of.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
If you can still find it, see if you can get a closer shot of it. I know it will be hard but would be worth a shot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you can still find it, see if you can get a closer shot of it. I know it will be hard but would be worth a shot.
He's disappeared off somewhere again =(

If I find him again I'll try to take a shot, but I'm almost certain it's a Oto fry given how it was stuck against the glass like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts