The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I got this plant from a friend about 4 months ago who didnt have any luck with it so i thought i would give it a shot. In these 4 months it hasnt grown at all and is an algae magnet. It had black beard algae growing on the leaves before i got it so he cut thise leaves off. Now im wondering if the plant will ever survive let alone thrive. So my questions are what is this plant called? And how do i take care of it?
My tank
-29 gal
-2x24w t5 ho lighting. 5000k bulb. 6500k bulb
-10hr photoperiod
-co2 injection 4bps
-pps-pro once daily. Micro and macro
-eco complete substrate (gettin kinda old lol)
-390 gph canister filter
-koralia powerhead
-74° temp
-ph 8.0 nitrate 15ppm. Nitrite 0ppm. Ammonia 0ppm.

The tank has 6 tiger barbs, 4 zebra danios, 3 bloodfin tetras, and 3 red eye tetras. Plants are red rubin swords, anacharis, rotala rundifolia, s. Repens, java fern, unknown sword, bacopa, and ludwiga repens. (Sorry if i butchered the names)

Pic 1- plant that i need identified
Pic 2- tank layout
Pic 3- unidentified swords

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
My assumption would be that's a terrestrial plant as well. In part due to the leaf/stem design, and how it has not thrived at all.

If you can get the crown of the plant out of the water, it may start to grow again.

Looks like one of the many Petsmart "not really aquatic" plants sold in the aquarium section of the store.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I probably should have included that the plant was from petco haha. So ill take it out and plant it in a pot lol and find somethin to fill its spot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.