The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure it was not a debris, it moved and the structure is quite alike with microorganisms.
Anyone have clue about what is this? Is this dangerous?

It's moving, right?? And kind of have a body something. See here.

Thank you.

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Looks like a mass of worms, likely detritus worms. Are there fish in that tank? I'd expect them to be eaten if so. If not, spot spraying them with peroxide should take care of the ones you can get, or just siphon out what you can. They shouldn't be particularly harmful, but large numbers of them usually indicates overfeeding or a lack of maintenance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a mass of worms, likely detritus worms. Are there fish in that tank? I'd expect them to be eaten if so. If not, spot spraying them with peroxide should take care of the ones you can get, or just siphon out what you can. They shouldn't be particularly harmful, but large numbers of them usually indicates overfeeding or a lack of maintenance.
Thank you for the answer.
Yes, there are 5 ember tetras, I recently spotter it after accidentally dropped a chunk of algae (accumulated in my simple waterfall filter) when cleaning my filter.

It seems they are hiding in the bottom, I don't think tetras will peck from the glass or pebble to find them.

As long as it is not dangerous, maybe I will leave them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My neons used to regularly hunt the bottom of the tank. Guppies, especially the young ones, will mercilessly hunt down worms from substrate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My neons used to regularly hunt the bottom of the tank. Guppies, especially the young ones, will mercilessly hunt down worms from substrate.
Hm, interesting. Should I get some neon to do the clean-up? Can they coexist with ember tetra? I have 5 ember in a small tank. I'm using 30cmx20cm with 25cm in height.

I afraid to overcrowded them since I still can't afford a bigger aquarium. I have some shrimp to do the cleaning.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hm, interesting. Should I get some neon to do the clean-up? Can they coexist with ember tetra? I have 5 ember in a small tank. I'm using 30cmx20cm with 25cm in height.

I afraid to overcrowded them since I still can't afford a bigger aquarium. I have some shrimp to do the cleaning.
Sorry I took so long to reply... You might be able to add a few more fish, but I'd just try reducing the amount you feed your fish. They'll eat the worms when they get hungry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.