The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Just noticed some transparent leaves on ny limnophila aromatica.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Hi Butteredscrimp,

Maybe you could give some tank, lighting, water testing, and fertilizer dosing information? Several deficiencies look more or less the same but with more information we can hopefully give you a better diagnosis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tank: 29G
Lighting: 7 hrs finnex planted+, 4 hours Ray2
Co2: pressurized co2 via aquatek mini regulator. I could probably afford to increase it.
Ferts: ive been doing EI lately but i missed a water change so i slowed down until i could do the WC.
Substrate: aquasoil

I havent tested my parameters in a while since my test kits are quite old.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hi Butteredscrimp,

What part of Illinois do you live in? Is the water soft where you live? The reason I ask is the problem could be calcium, potassium, or if you slowed down your EI dosing it could also be nitrogen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Butteredscrimp,

What part of Illinois do you live in? Is the water soft where you live? The reason I ask is the problem could be calcium, potassium, or if you slowed down your EI dosing it could also be nitrogen.
Northern Illinois. The water is super hard here so i do 50/50 tap/RO water changes. Kh, and, gH are under 10. PH is under 7. Calcium and magnesium could be a problem.

For what its worth, this is the only plant showing these symptoms. I also have rotala rotundifolia, P. Erectus, crypts, and bucephalandra growing well.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hi Butteredscrimp,

I would do the water change and start dosing regular EI levels of nutrients. In addition instead of normal levels of potassium (K2SO4) I would dose it at 1.5X what I was in the past. If you don't dose K2SO4 as part of your EI dosing that could be the problem. Potassium is a key nutrient for plant functions and for water that is naturally low in potassium EI dosing without K2SO4 can be an issue. Why is one plant effected and others are not? Each species has it's own required levels for nutrients, also faster growing species tend to show problems sooner than slower growing species.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.