The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some dude on UKAPS just posted it in a journal update with no caption whatsoever or anything. I'm thinking some var of nerite?

I have to have one they're just so cool, if anyone knows information about them it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Horned Bumblebee Nerite.

A color variant of Horned Nerites.

I have to admit to only seeing them on the screen. I've yet to see them in person. Hopefully someone will chime in here with a source.

Care requirements and characteristics are the same as any species of Nerites; just a really cool color combo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! These are unreal, I've got to have a couple. I'm sure they're rare and I too hope someone with some more information will contribute!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha sorry didn't mean to look lazy, I immediately assumed they'd be more rare!

Thanks for the help guys/hope this helps anyone else interested

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I have two like that, but on mine the stripes are dark brown. Horned nerites. I've also seen them called Sun Thorn nerites on another site, not sure if that is really another common name for them. I got mine from Petsmart and Petco, locally. They're not as common in the store as the zebra and tomato nerites, so I keep my eye out for them because I want more!

·
Registered
406 Posts
yea i bought 2 from petco for 2.99 each .. they were very small.....they have the same care as all other nerites...when they are small they dont have their spikes yet...i got mines maybe 1 month ago so maybe you can find some at your local petco..happy hunting!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not hard to b find imho. I've got two from a lfs. Seen at petsmart but the one i go to had mostly dead :( on amazon as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really like these guys. Have a couple myself. They are smaller than regular nerites, and their eggs dissolve much quicker than regular nerite eggs, so your tank won't be covered by them. Only takes a couple weeks in my tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts