The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am having a tropical fish aquarium and I still dont know if I will put real plant in it. I just want to know what is the normal water chemistry for such an aquarium containing about 120 L of water.
Anything else other than these I should see:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrates
Phosphates
gH
kH
pH

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Ehh....

How about these levels in my tank:

40-70 ppm nitrates
1-5 phosphates
1-2ppm iron

No idea about potassium but a rather large amount.

Really as long as you have enough of everything you don't need to worry.

If you're nit picky:

pH: 6.8
kh:4
Gh:8

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Rather than do routine testing, just get a water quality report on the water you use, or have one done. Then, follow the dosing method described in the sticky here and no more testing is needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Guys but are these numbers for a tropical fish tank? my tank will contain tropical fish and a might use some real plants in it.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Thank you Guys but are these numbers for a tropical fish tank? my tank will contain tropical fish and a might use some real plants in it.

My numbers are with using the EI dosing regimen described in this forum..or rather a slightly modified version. You'll be fine as long as the water out of your tap isn't liquid limestone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My numbers are with using the EI dosing regimen described in this forum..or rather a slightly modified version. You'll be fine as long as the water out of your tap isn't liquid limestone.

Thats the problem, my tap water is a limestone water but i dont think with high percentage. I think I will get it from another source. What about using filtered water?? the ones in bottles (10 L) that sold in groceries?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts