The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just depends on where you look.
When I first starting raising CRS, every single web page had different
perameters, talk about confusing.

All I can say is that I raise mine in PH 6.0 to 6.4 water.
Temp is 72'F

In those 5-1, 6-1 test strips I get:

PH 6.2
KH 80
Chlorine 0
GH 75
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20

Also using Hagen drop test. My GH/KH is about 10 - 20% lower

Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just depends on where you look.
When I first starting raising CRS, every single web page had different
perameters, talk about confusing.

All I can say is that I raise mine in PH 6.0 to 6.4 water.
Temp is 72'F

In those 5-1, 6-1 test strips I get:

PH 6.2
KH 80
Chlorine 0
GH 75
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20

Also using Hagen drop test. My GH/KH is about 10 - 20% lower

Steve
thank you steve my gh and kh are along te same lines but ph is a little higher and alkalinity is on the low side. hope that this water will be good for the incoming crs and cbs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thank you steve my gh and kh are along te same lines but ph is a little higher and alkalinity is on the low side. hope that this water will be good for the incoming crs and cbs.

You're welcome.

As for the PH. My tap is 7.8, but to offset that I use ADA Aquasoil which lowers my PH to around 6.2 - 6.4

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
PM'ed you a site that could help you with all your issues regarding perfect crs/cbs keeping/breeding. I hope the site helped you as it helped me when i started on this hobby.

Cheers,
Stephen

·
Registered
39 Posts
PM'ed you a site that could help you with all your issues regarding perfect crs/cbs keeping/breeding. I hope the site helped you as it helped me when i started on this hobby.

Cheers,
Stephen

What's the site???
Planetinverts.com was the biggest help for me when I started out.

Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cheers,
Stephen
checked it out and i even ordered some of that chi ebi baby food to put in my tank to hep wih the micro organisims the 4 test cherry shrimp i just put in there are happy and picking at all the moss and plants. Im excitedlyawaiting the crs and cbs.

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
checked it out and i even ordered some of that chi ebi baby food to put in my tank to hep wih the micro organisims the 4 test cherry shrimp i just put in there are happy and picking at all the moss and plants. Im excitedlyawaiting the crs and cbs.

thanks
Glad it helped you, as it helped me.

I saw your avatar info and you are from Richmond Canada or Cali? If you are from Richmond british coloumbia then hey we are just one city away from each other. GL!:)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad it helped you, as it helped me.

I saw your avatar info and you are from Richmond Canada or Cali? If you are from Richmond british coloumbia then hey we are just one city away from each other. GL!:)

lol im incalifornia now in fremont. my cousin is in richmond canada she's working there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.