The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a 2.5 gallon nano and am using a mini HOB filter... what are my best methods of diffusing DIY CO2 in here? I don't want anything too big since the tank is so small.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know it doesn't exactly answer your question, but if it were me I would just use Excel. In a tank that small, the cost would be minimal. You also wouldn't have to deal with any bulky equipment. However, if you have a pressurized system already or something you're set on doing, the best I can offer is a nano ceramic diffuser hidden somewhere.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it doesn't exactly answer your question, but if it were me I would just use Excel. In a tank that small, the cost would be minimal. You also wouldn't have to deal with any bulky equipment. However, if you have a pressurized system already or something you're set on doing, the best I can offer is a nano ceramic diffuser hidden somewhere.
I was planning on dosing with Excel in addition to DIY CO2... Maybe I should just ditch the idea of DIY CO2 altogether or just feed it into my HOB filters intake.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2.5 gallon iwagumi nano and I use small lime wood diffusers. You can get them cheap on ebay or in three packs at petco. I place these slightly nestled into my gravel and next to the filter intake this way half of the bubbles are sucked into the filter and the rest arent. This has allowed me to grow HC and HM under a 27watt lamp with no problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2.5 gallon iwagumi nano and I use small lime wood diffusers. You can get them cheap on ebay or in three packs at petco. I place these slightly nestled into my gravel and next to the filter intake this way half of the bubbles are sucked into the filter and the rest arent. This has allowed me to grow HC and HM under a 27watt lamp with no problem. Good luck!
That was my original plan. Guess I'll just stick with it! Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought a nano diffuser from aquatic magic (on ebay or aqmagic.com) for $4.00 and it works fantastic for DIY co2 and is very small.
Wow those look fantastic! Does that ceramic disc ever need to be replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts