The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to start using root tabs in my tank, hopefully to make my DHG spread. I have found some earlier post that say that rootmedic is the best, but I can't seem to find them. Any suggestions of what brand to use? Are Seachem root tabs any good?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hi Goldchair708,

I believe that Rootmedic is no longer around due to delivery issues however the tabs were made with Osmocote Plus and there are several suppliers here on TPT. Post your need in the WTB/ROAK sub-forum and you should receive several replies.

I personally use Seachem Flourish Tabs which seem to well for my Cryptocorynes.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I like the Flourish tabs a bit better even though the Osmocote can be much cheaper. I tend to fight more algae with the Osmocote but really that is not an really firm area as there are numerous things that can lead to bad algae.
Part of my thinking is that Flourish has been around for a good long time and does have a good rep. Sometimes when we try to cut costs we also cut quality so there is a lot of room for debate on O+ being better or simply cheaper.
Myself? I have better luck with the Flourish.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
If you do decide on the O+ route (it's the orange-capped Osmocote jug, btw, and often not available in big box stores, at least that was the case a few years ago when I last looked into it), a couple simple delivery systems are freezing the little balls in ice cubes or buying empty gelcaps for a few bucks from Amazon or Evilbay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.