The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Check the temperature in the tank right before the photoperiod ends. I had this happen to me in the past, and the temp in the tank was going over 80F, due to the heat generated by my lighting. I had to adjust my wrap so cool air can go in on both ends, and move my lighting up.

Unfortunately, at this stage, I think it might be too late to keep it emmersed. I would echo what others have mentioned by flooding the tank and cranking up the CO2. If you don't want to do that yet, then you can check the temps, make adjustments, but be prepared to add more HC if more dies before they bounce back.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
This happens to my emersed HC every few months, Im not sure why it happens but it grows great fills in perfectly and then all seems to die back, each time it bounces back but takes a few weeks. I wish I could keep it from happening but havent figured anything out at this point.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
This happens to my emersed HC every few months, Im not sure why it happens but it grows great fills in perfectly and then all seems to die back, each time it bounces back but takes a few weeks. I wish I could keep it from happening but havent figured anything out at this point.
Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem, Mine does the exact same!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm one month in a HC dry start and noticed a couple of strips have browned seemingly out of nowhere. I'm planning on flooding tomorrow night and cranking the co2.

by the way, what bps rate should I aim for when blasting the co2?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts