The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 75g tank that is probably over a year old now. It is doing great. The only problem appears to be the piece of driftwood I placed in the tank. It appears to be deteriorating. Little pieces of the wood are constantly accumulating on the bed of the tank. It looks like dirt, but it is the wood. I am afraid that in the near future the wood will just break apart. Should I just pull it out and replace it with something else? Recommendations? I was thinking Manzanita as I have read that type of wood is more appropriate. I got the driftwood at my LFS which had this large bin full of "driftwood". I don't recall anything on the display indicating the type of wood, but it looked like every other piece of wood I had seen in pics or in videos prior to putting my tank together. I thought I prepped it correctly by soaking it in water for a long while to get the tannins out. It dried out in my garage for a while too before it went in the tank. Did I not prepare it correctly or was this bound to be a loser due to using an inappropriate type of wood?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts